Having spent eleven months touring Australia in a vintage Winnebago we can vouch for the fact that all four corners of Australia provide diverse environments to explore. As a tourist you often find yourself dreaming of starting a new life in the countries you visit, but what if your dream could become a reality?
The Australian Tourism Board think they could help you out and are offering everyone the opportunity to apply for one of the six employment opportunities they deem the ‘Best Job In The World’. Each Australian state is offering one lucky individual the chance to make their dreams a reality and leave the confines of a cubicle desk for a shall we say ‘more exciting’ way to earn a living. With a salary of AUD$100,000 why not apply for a life changing job today?
Tourism Australia Managing Director Andrew McEvoy said “We’ve taken one of the most successful tourism campaigns in recent times – “Best Job in the World” – and made it bigger and better by coming up with a competition which represents the very best of our country – our breath-taking landscapes and scenery, our unique nature and wildlife, great food and wine and, of course, our huge sense of fun,”
If you’re still not convinced have a look at the job descriptions below.
- Reviewing festivals and events
- Tweeting your thoughts on how much fun you’re having
- Being a Sydney VIP
- Creating city and country photo shoots
- Experiencing hidden secrets and sharing new trends
- Working with local artists and designers to promote new ideas
- Exploring the outback
- Meeting local people
- Discovering exciting adventures
- Checking the water temperature
- Patrolling the beaches
- Leaving only footprints
- Eat your way around the state
- Foraging out the finest produce
- Sampling the best bars and restaurants
- Waking up with Kangaroos
- Swimming with dolphins and sea lions
- Exploring Kangaroo Island
Aimed at anyone seeking a gap year or international experience this seems like an opportunity too good to pass up.
The ‘Best Jobs in the World’ initiative is open to all travellers worldwide. Final deadline for the first round is 9:00 pm AEST April 10, 2013 (7:00 am PST, April 9, 2013). However you must be eligible to work in Australia on an appropriate visa.
We’re off to apply for ‘Park Ranger’ and ‘Wildlife Caretaker’ which position is your dream job?
News Source: Johnny Jet